Board Member since: 2016
Experience working at the Pantry:
Terri has been a LIFE Food Pantry volunteer since the early 2000’s, roles include pantry volunteer, pantry lead, food drive coordinator, Student Giving Shop team, and Giving Shop team.
- Preside over the meetings of the Board of Directors;
- Publish an agenda prior to monthly meetings and work with the Secretary to see it is distributed to Board members.
- Lead strategic planning and goal setting.;
- Lead efforts to strengthen and grow the organization to achieve the stated mission and create the agenda for meetings and lead policy decisions;
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees of L.I.F.E.;
- See that orders and resolutions of the Board of Directors are carried into effect;
- Shall execute all deeds, mortgages, bonds, contracts and other documents requiring the seal of L.I.F.E.;
- Have the authorization to issue and sign checks.
- Monitor Board of Directors meeting attendance and hold conversations as necessary;
- Assure that all critical activities stay on track;
- Manage all paid positions at L.I.F.E.;
- Work with the Executive Committee regarding compensation for employees and contractors;
- Manage the Executive Director of the Pantry and the Financial Coordinator. This includes annual reviews of each position;
- Ensure the Governance Committee adheres to the duties and responsibilities assigned in the Bylaws
Terri was District Manager for The Berry Company/Bell South.
Volunteer work has included:
- Serving as a Board Member and as National President for the US Grail
- Chairperson for US Grail Membership Development and Enrichment committee
- Volunteering at Freestore Foodbank